Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
c-Rel (G57) Antibody #4774
|W||H M R (Mk) (Dg)||Endogenous||78||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey Dg=Dog
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
c-Rel (G57) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total c-Rel protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly57 of human c-Rel protein. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Transcription factors of the nuclear factor κ B (NF-κB)/Rel family play a pivotal role in inflammatory and immune responses (1,2). There are five family members in mammals: RelA, c-Rel, RelB, NF-κB1 (p105/p50), and NF-κB2 (p100/p52). Both p105 and p100 are proteolytically processed by the proteasome to produce p50 and p52, respectively. Rel proteins bind p50 and p52 to form dimeric complexes that bind DNA and regulate transcription. In unstimulated cells, NF-κB is sequestered in the cytoplasm by IκB inhibitory proteins (3-5). NF-κB-activating agents can induce the phosphorylation of IκB proteins, targeting them for rapid degradation through the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway and releasing NF-κB to enter the nucleus where it regulates gene expression (6-8). NIK and IKKα (IKK1) regulate the phosphorylation and processing of NF-κB2 (p100) to produce p52, which translocates to the nucleus (9-11).
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Henkel, T. (1994) Annu Rev Immunol 12, 141-79.
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Baltimore, D. (1996) Cell 87, 13-20.
- Haskill, S. et al. (1991) Cell 65, 1281-9.
- Thompson, J.E. et al. (1995) Cell 80, 573-82.
- Whiteside, S.T. et al. (1997) EMBO J 16, 1413-26.
- Traenckner, E.B. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2876-83.
- Scherer, D.C. et al. (1995) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 92, 11259-63.
- Chen, Z.J. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 853-62.
- Senftleben, U. et al. (2001) Science 293, 1495-9.
- Coope, H.J. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 5375-85.
- Xiao, G. et al. (2001) Mol Cell 7, 401-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4727 c-Rel Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.