Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Lamin A/C (4C11) Mouse mAb #4777
|W IP IHC-P IF-F IF-IC F||H M R Mk||Endogenous||74 (Lamin A), 63 (Lamin C)||Mouse IgG2a|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Lamin A/C (4C11) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of lamin A and lamin C proteins. It also reacts with the larger fragments of lamin A (50 kDa) and lamin C (41 kDa) produced by caspase cleavage during apoptosis. This antibody does not cross-react with lamins B1 and B2.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant fragment of human lamin A protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Lamin A/C (4C11) Mouse mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from THP-1 cells, untreated or treated with cycloheximide (CHX, 10 μg/ml, overnight) followed by TNF-α #8902 (20 ng/ml, 4 hours), using Lamin A/C (4C11) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Lamin A/C (4C11) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using Lamin A/C (4C11) Mouse mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells using Lamin A/C (4C11) Mouse mAb (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells using Lamin A/C (4C11) Mouse mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red).
Lamins are nuclear membrane structural components that are important in maintaining normal cell functions such as cell cycle control, DNA replication, and chromatin organization (1-3). Lamin A/C is cleaved by caspase-6 and serves as a marker for caspase-6 activation. During apoptosis, lamin A/C is specifically cleaved into a large (41-50 kDa) and a small (28 kDa) fragment (3,4). The cleavage of lamins results in nuclear disregulation and cell death (5,6).
- Gruenbaum, Y. et al. (2000) J Struct Biol 129, 313-23.
- Yabuki, M. et al. (1999) Physiol Chem Phys Med NMR 31, 77-84.
- Goldberg, M. et al. (1999) Crit Rev Eukaryot Gene Expr 9, 285-93.
- Orth, K. et al. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 16443-6.
- Oberhammer, F.A. et al. (1994) J Cell Biol 126, 827-37.
- Rao, L. et al. (1996) J Cell Biol 135, 1441-55.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2032 Lamin A/C Antibody
- 2031 Cleaved Lamin A (Asp230) Antibody
- 2035 Cleaved Lamin A (Small Subunit) Antibody
- 2036 Cleaved Lamin A (Small Subunit) (30H5) Mouse mAb
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8125 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Mouse)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.