Product Pathways - Translational Control
hnRNP LL Antibody #4783
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||61||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
hnRNP LL Antibody detects endogenous levels of total hnRNP LL protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human hnRNP LL protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L-like (hnRNP LL) is a nuclear RNA-binding protein that shares 69% amino acid homology with hnRNP L, a component of the hnRNP complex that regulates mRNA formation, packaging, and processing (1). hnRNP LL is induced in activated T cells and functions as a critical regulator of alternative splicing of CD45, a tyrosine phosphatase crucial for T cell development and activation (2). hnRNP LL also regulates the splicing of CD44 and Stat5a (2). The four isoforms of hnRNP LL are generated by alternative splicing and are widely expressed in human tissues (3).
- Pinol-Roma, S. et al. (1989) J Cell Biol 109, 2575-87.
- Oberdoerffer, S. et al. (2008) Science 321, 686-91.
- Shur, I. et al. (2004) Gene 334, 113-21.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.