Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
Nucleomethylin Antibody #4789
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
This antibody detects endogenous levels of total Nucleomethylin protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino terminus of the human Nucleomethylin protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Nucleomethylin (NML), also known as ribosomal RNA-processing protein 8 (RRP8) and human cerebral protein 1 (Hucep-1), is a nucleolar protein (1,2). NML interacts with the histone de-acetylase protein SirT1 and histone methyl-transferase protein SUV39H1 to form the energy-dependent nucleolar silencing complex (eNoSC) that regulates ribosomal RNA (rRNA) transcription in response to changes in the energy state of the cell (2). As energy levels in the cell decrease due to caloric restriction, eNoSC binds to rRNA genes and represses transcription by SirT1-mediated de-acetylation of histones and SUV39H1-mediated methylation of histone H3 on Lys9. NML binds to di-methylated Lys9 of histone H3 and likely functions in the recruitment and spreading of eNoSC along the rRNA genes (2). NML also contains a methyltransferases-like domain, which binds to S-adenosyl-methionine (SAM) and is required for eNoSC function (2). By limiting the transcription of rRNA genes during caloric restriction, eNoSC promotes the restoration of energy balance and protects cells from energy-dependent apoptosis.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4473 Pan-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (D54) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4658 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (D85B4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4499 Histone H3 (D1H2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2493 SirT1 (D739) Antibody
- 2028 SirT1 Antibody (Mouse Specific)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.