Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-HER3/ErbB3 (Tyr1289) (21D3) Rabbit mAb #4791
|4791L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4791S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4791||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat, Dog.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-HER3/ErbB3 (Tyr1289) (21D3) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous HER3/ErbB3 proteins only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 1289. This antibody may cross-react with overexpressed receptor tyrosine kinases.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr1289 of human HER3/ErbB3.
Phospho-HER3/ErbB3 (Tyr1289) (21D3) Rabbit mAb specifically binds to phosphorylated HER3/ErbB3 but not other phosphorylated tyrosine kinases. Western blot analysis of extracts from cells expressing different activated tyrosine kinase proteins, using Phospho-HER3/ErbB3 (Tyr1289) (21D3) Rabbit mAb (upper) or Phospho-Tyrosine mAb (P-Tyr-100) #9411 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, using Phospho-HER3/ErbB3 (Tyr1289)(21D3) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, using Phospho-HER3/ErbB3 (Tyr1289) (21D3) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded MDA-MB-453 cells, untreated (left) or neuregulin-treated (right), using Phospho-HER3/ErbB3 (Tyr1289)(21D3) Rabbit mAb.
HER3/ErbB3 is a member of the ErbB receptor protein tyrosine kinase family, but it lacks tyrosine kinase activity. Tyrosine phosphorylation of ErbB3 depends on its association with other ErbB tyrosine kinases. Upon ligand binding, heterodimers form between ErbB3 and other ErbB proteins, and ErbB3 is phosphorylated on tyrosine residues by the activated ErbB kinase (1,2). There are at least 9 potential tyrosine phosphorylation sites in the carboxy-terminal tail of ErbB3. These sites serve as consensus binding sites for signal transducing proteins, including Src family members, Grb2, and the p85 subunit of PI3 kinase, which mediate ErbB downstream signaling (3). Both Tyr1222 and Tyr1289 of ErbB3 reside within a YXXM motif and participate in signaling to PI3K (4).
Investigators have found that ErbB3 is highly expressed in many cancer cells (5) and activation of the ErbB3/PI3K pathway is correlated with malignant phenotypes of adenocarcinomas (6). Research studies have demonstrated that in tumor development, ErbB3 may function as an oncogenic unit together with other ErbB members (e.g. ErbB2 requires ErbB3 to drive breast tumor cell proliferation) (7). Thus, investigators view inhibiting interaction between ErbB3 and ErbB tyrosine kinases as a novel strategy for anti-tumor therapy.
- Yarden, Y. and Sliwkowski, M.X. (2001) Nature Rev. Mol. Cell. Biol. 2, 127-137.
- Guy, P.M. et al. (1994) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 91, 8132-8136.
- Songyang, Z. et al. (1993) Cell 72, 767-778.
- Kim, H.H. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269, 24747-24755.
- Sithanandam, G. et al. (2003) Carcinogenesis 24, 1581-1592.
- Kobayashi, M. et al. (2003) Oncogene 22, 1294-1301.
- Holbro, T. et al. (2003) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 100, 8933-8938.
- Frogne, T. et al. (2009) Breast Cancer Res 11, R11. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
- Sergina, N.V. et al. (2007) Nature 445, 437-41. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Weigelt, B. et al. (2010) Breast Cancer Res Treat 122, 35-43. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 8117 SignalSlide® Phospho-ErbB Family IHC Controls
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 1180 Phospho-HER3/ErbB3 (Tyr1289) Blocking Peptide
- 4561 Phospho-HER3/ErbB3 (Tyr1197) (C56E4) Rabbit mAb
- 12708 HER3/ErbB3 (D22C5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4754 HER3/ErbB3 (1B2E) Rabbit mAb
- 4784 Phospho-HER3/ErbB3 (Tyr1222) (50C2) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.