Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
HER4/ErbB4 (111B2) Rabbit mAb #4795
|W IP||H M (R)||Endogenous||180||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
HER4/ErbB4 (111B2) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of ErbB4 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with other ErbB family members.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy-terminus of human ErbB4.
The HER/ErbB receptor tyrosine kinase family has been implicated in normal development, cardiac function and cancer (1,2). HER4/ErbB4, like other family members, has four ectodomains, a single transmembrane domain and a cytoplasmic tail containing the active tyrosine kinase domain (3). By binding to neuregulins and/or EGF family ligands, ErbB4 forms either a homodimer or heterodimer with other ErbB family members, which results in receptor activation and signaling (3). ErbB4 is ubiquitously expressed with the highest expression occurring in brain and heart. The expression of ErbB4 in breast cancer, pediatric brain cancer and other types of carcinomas has been reported suggesting that ErbB4 expression is involved in both normal tissue development and carcinogenesis (3).
- Holbro, T. and Hynes, N.E. (2004) Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 44, 195-217.
- Roskoski, R. (2004) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 319, 1-11.
- Carpenter, G. (2003) Exp Cell Res 284, 66-77.
- Weigelt, B. et al. (2010) Breast Cancer Res Treat 122, 35-43. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4757 Phospho-HER4/ErbB4 (Tyr1284) (21A9) Rabbit mAb
- 3790 Phospho-HER4/ErbB4 (Tyr984) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.