Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Clathrin Heavy Chain (D3C6) XP® Rabbit mAb #4796
|W IP IF-IC||H M R Mk (Pg)||Endogenous||190||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey Pg=Pig
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Clathrin Heavy Chain (D3C6) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total clathrin protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro1663 of human clathrin heavy chain protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Clathrin Heavy Chain (D3C6) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Clathrin-coated vesicles provide for the intracellular transport of cargo proteins following endocytosis and during multiple vesicle trafficking pathways. Vesicles form at specialized areas of the cell membrane where clathrin and associated proteins form clathrin-coated pits. Invagination of these cell membrane-associated pits internalizes proteins and forms an intracellular clathrin-coated vesicle (1,2). Clathrin is the most abundant protein in these vesicles and is present as a basic assembly unit called a triskelion. Each clathrin triskelion is composed of three clathrin heavy chains and three clathrin light chains. Clathrin heavy chain proteins are composed of several functional domains, including a carboxy-terminal region that permits interaction with other heavy chain proteins within a triskelion, and a globular amino-terminal region that associates with other vesicle proteins (2). Adaptor proteins, such as AP2, epsin and EPS15, are responsible for the recruitment of vesicle proteins to sites of pit formation and the assembly of the clathrin-coated vesicle. Following vesicle invagination, the GTPase dynamin constricts the neck of the nascent vesicle to complete formation of the free, cytosolic vesicle (3,4).
- Rodriguez-Boulan, E. et al. (2005) Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 6, 233-247.
- Mousavi, S.A. et al. (2004) Biochem. J. 377, 1-16.
- Rappoport, J.Z. et al. (2004) Traffic 5, 327-237.
- Brett, T.J. and Traub, L.M. (2006) Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 18, 395-406.
- Béliveau, F. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 29035-43. Applications: IC-IF
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2410 Clathrin Heavy Chain (P1663) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.