Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
RalA (D6G8) Rabbit mAb #4799
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||25||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RalA (D6G8) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total RalA protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala142 of human RalA protein.
RalA and RalB are members of the Ras family of small GTPases and are highly homologous in protein sequence. The functions of RalA and RalB are distinct yet overlapping. By binding to various effector proteins, RalA and RalB serve as important GTP sensors for exocytosis and membrane trafficking (1-3). RalA is required for Ras-related tumorigenesis (4) and RalB is important for tumor survival (5). In addition to tumor formation, Ral proteins also play a role in cancer cell migration and metastatic tumor invasion (6,7).
- Li, G. et al. (2007) J Neurosci 27, 190-202.
- van Dam, E.M. and Robinson, P.J. (2006) Int J Biochem Cell Biol 38, 1841-7.
- Camonis, J.H. and White, M.A. (2005) Trends Cell Biol 15, 327-32.
- Lim, K.H. et al. (2005) Cancer Cell 7, 533-45.
- Chien, Y. et al. (2006) Cell 127, 157-70.
- Oxford, G. et al. (2005) Cancer Res 65, 7111-20.
- Lim, K.H. et al. (2006) Curr Biol 16, 2385-94.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3526 RalA Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.