Product Pathways - Neuroscience
DCBLD2 Antibody #4804
|W||H M R (Mk)||Endogenous||120||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
DCBLD2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total DCBLD2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human DCBLD2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
DCBLD2 (discoidin, CUB and LCCL domain-containing 2; also known as ESDN and CLCP1) is a type I transmembrane protein that is structurally similar to neuropilin family proteins and contains the longest known amino-terminal secretory signal sequence among eukaryotic proteins (1). Highly expressed in nerve bundles, vascular smooth muscle cells and upregulated following vascular injury, DCBLD2 may be involved in a wide range of functions in the nervous and vascular systems (1,2). Studies have found DCBLD2 to be upregulated in several types of lung cancer with an especially high frequency in metastatic lesions and lymph node metastasis, implicating a role in the process of tumor progression and metastatic capability (3). DCBLD2 has also been identified as part of a complex EGF phosphotyrosine signaling network, serving as a novel tyrosine phosphorylation target of EGF signaling in human cancer cells (4).
- Kobuke, K. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 34105-14.
- Sadeghi, M.M. et al. (2007) Am J Transplant 7, 2098-105.
- Koshikawa, K. et al. (2002) Oncogene 21, 2822-8.
- Chen, Y. et al. (2007) Proteomics 7, 2384-97.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.