Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
Phospho-NF-κB2 p100 (Ser866/870) Antibody #4810
|4810L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4810S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4810P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4810||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Transfected Only||110||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat, Bovine, Dog.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-NF-κB2 p100 (Ser866/870) Antibody detects transfected NF-κB2 p100 when phosphorylated at serines 866 and 870.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding serines 866/870 of NF-κB2 p100. Nomenclature refers to the human sequence (SwissProt# Q00653). This site is homologous to rat Ser864/868 (Q5U2Z4) and mouse Ser865/869 (Q9WTK5). Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells transfected with wild-type or mutant NF-κB2 p100 (SS866/870AA) and with or without NIK, using Phospho-NF-κB2 p100 (Ser866/870) Antibody or total NF-κB2 p100 Antibody #4882. The p100 constructs were generously provided by Dr. Warner Greene of the Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, Dr. Shao-Cong Sun of The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, and Dr. Gutian Xiao of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.
Transcription factors of the nuclear factor κ B (NF-κB)/Rel family play a pivotal role in inflammatory and immune responses (1,2). There are five family members in mammals: RelA, c-Rel, RelB, NF-κB1 (p105/p50), and NF-κB2 (p100/p52). Both p105 and p100 are proteolytically processed by the proteasome to produce p50 and p52, respectively. Rel proteins bind p50 and p52 to form dimeric complexes that bind DNA and regulate transcription. In unstimulated cells, NF-κB is sequestered in the cytoplasm by IκB inhibitory proteins (3-5). NF-κB-activating agents can induce the phosphorylation of IκB proteins, targeting them for rapid degradation through the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway and releasing NF-κB to enter the nucleus where it regulates gene expression (6-8). NIK and IKKα (IKK1) regulate the phosphorylation and processing of NF-κB2 (p100) to produce p52, which translocates to the nucleus (9-11).
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Henkel, T. (1994) Annu Rev Immunol 12, 141-79.
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Baltimore, D. (1996) Cell 87, 13-20.
- Haskill, S. et al. (1991) Cell 65, 1281-9.
- Thompson, J.E. et al. (1995) Cell 80, 573-82.
- Whiteside, S.T. et al. (1997) EMBO J 16, 1413-26.
- Traenckner, E.B. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2876-83.
- Scherer, D.C. et al. (1995) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 92, 11259-63.
- Chen, Z.J. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 853-62.
- Senftleben, U. et al. (2001) Science 293, 1495-9.
- Coope, H.J. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 5375-85.
- Xiao, G. et al. (2001) Mol Cell 7, 401-9.
- Saitoh, Y. et al. (2008) Blood 111, 5118-29. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3017 NF-κB2 p100/p52 (18D10) Rabbit mAb (Human Specific)
- 4882 NF-κB2 p100/p52 Antibody
- 4994 NIK Antibody
- 4712 TRAF2 Antibody
- 4724 TRAF2 (C192) Antibody
- 4729 TRAF3 Antibody
- 2682 IKKα Antibody
- 2697 Phospho-IKKα/β (Ser176/180) (16A6) Rabbit mAb
- 4954 RelB Antibody
- 4727 c-Rel Antibody
- 3035 NF-κB1 p105/p50 Antibody
- 4806 Phospho-NF-κB p105 (Ser933) (18E6) Rabbit mAb
- 3033 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) (93H1) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.