Product Pathways - Neuroscience
GABA(B)R2 (C44A4) Rabbit mAb #4819
|W||H M R||Endogenous||105||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
GABA(B)R2 (C44A4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total GABA(B)R2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide surrounding Gln430 of human GABA(B)R2.
GABA (γ-aminobutyric acid) is the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system and interacts with three different receptors: GABA(A), GABA(B) and GABA(C) receptor. The ionotropic GABA(A) and GABA(C) receptors are ligand-gated ion channels that produce fast inhibitory synaptic transmission. In contrast, the metabotropic GABA(B) receptor is coupled to G proteins that modulate slow inhibitory synaptic transmission (1). Functional GABA(B) receptors form heterodimers of GABA(B)R1 and GABA(B)R2 where GABA(B)R1 binds the ligand and GABA(B)R2 is the primary G protein contact site (2). Two isoforms of GABA(B)R1 have been cloned: GABA(B)R1a is a 130 kD protein and GABA(B)R1b is a 95 kD protein (3). G proteins subsequently inhibit adenyl cylase activity and modulate inositol phospholipid hydrolysis. GABA(B) receptors have both pre- and postsynaptic inhibitions: presynaptic GABA(B) receptors inhibit neurotransmitter release through suppression of high threshold calcium channels, while postsynaptic GABA(B) receptors inhibit through coupled activation of inwardly rectifying potassium channels. In addition to synaptic inhibition, GABA(B) receptors may also be involved in hippocampal long-term potentiation, slow wave sleep and muscle relaxation (1).
- Jones, K.A. et al. (2000) Neuropsychopharmacology 23, S41-9.
- Duthey, B. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 3236-41.
- Kaupmann, K. et al. (1997) Nature 386, 239-46.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3992 Gα (pan) Antibody
- 3838 EAAT2 Antibody
- 3451 Phospho-μ-Opioid Receptor (Ser375) Antibody
- 4249 PI3 Kinase p110α (C73F8) Rabbit mAb
- 3011 PI3 Kinase p110β (C33D4) Rabbit mAb
- 4257 PI3 Kinase p85 (19H8) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
Rabbit monoclonal antibody is produced under license (granting certain rights including those under U. S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.