Product Pathways - Translational Control
PHD-2/Egln1 (D31E11) Rabbit mAb #4835
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||50||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PHD-2/Egln1 (D31E11) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total PHD-2/Egln1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val226 of human PHD-2/Egln1 protein.
PHD1 (Egln2), PHD-2 (Egln1), and PHD3 (Egln3) are members of the Egln family of proline hydroxylases. They function as oxygen sensors that catalyze the hydroxylation of HIF on prolines 564 and 402, initiating the first step of HIF degradation through the VHL/ubiquitin pathway (1,2). PHD1 is highly expressed in a wide array of tissues whereas PHD2 and PHD3 are expressed mainly in heart and skeletal muscle (1,3). The mRNA levels of PHD are upregulated by HIF through the hypoxia-response element under low oxygen conditions (4-7). These three enzymes also exhibit different peptide specificity target proteins, PHD1 and PHD2 can hydroxylate both proline 402 and proline 564, but PHD3 can only hydroxylate proline 564 (2,8). In addition to HIF, PHD enzymes have also has been shown to catalyze the hydroxylation of RNA polymerase subunits and myogenin (3,9).
- Freeman, R.S. et al. (2003) Mol Cells 16, 1-12.
- Villar, D. et al. (2007) Biochem J 408, 231-40.
- Fu, J. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 12410-8.
- D'Angelo, G. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 38183-7.
- del Peso, L. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 48690-5.
- Pescador, N. et al. (2005) Biochem J 390, 189-97.
- Metzen, E. et al. (2005) Biochem J 387, 711-7.
- Hirsilä, M. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 30772-80.
- Mikhaylova, O. et al. (2008) Mol Cell Biol 28, 2701-17.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3293 PHD-2/Egln1 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.