Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
RANK Antibody #4845
|4845S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4845||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||80||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
RANK Antibody detects endogenous levels of RANK protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of RANK. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from K562 (human), KNRK (rat) and C2C12 (mouse) cell lines, using RANK Antibody.
RANK (receptor activator of NF-κB) is a member of the tumor necrosis factor (TNF) receptor subfamily that is activated by its ligand, RANKL (TRANCE/OPGL/ODF), to promote survival of dendritic cells and differentiation of osteoclasts (1-4). Although RANK is widely expressed, its cell surface expression may be more restricted to dendritic cells and foreskin fibroblasts (1). RANK contains a 383-amino acid intracellular domain that associates with specific members of the TRAF family to NF-κB and JNK activiation (1,5). RANKL/RANK signaling may also lead to survival signaling through activation of the Akt pathway and an upregulation of survival proteins, including Bcl-xL (2,6). RANK signaling has been implicated as a potential therapeutic to inhibit bone loss and arthritis (7,8).
- Anderson, D.M. et al. (1997) Nature 390, 175-9.
- Wong, B.R. et al. (1997) J. Exp. Med. 186, 2075-80.
- Lacey, D.L. et al. (1998) Cell 93, 165-76.
- Yasuda, H. et al. (1998) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 95, 3597-602.
- Darnay, B.G. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 20551-5.
- Wong, B.R. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell 4, 1041-9.
- Walsh, M.C. and Choi, Y. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 14, 251-63.
- Nakashima, T. et al. (2003) Curr. Opin. Rheumatol. 15, 280-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3707 TNF-α Antibody
- 4273 FasL Antibody
- 4403 TWEAK Receptor/Fn14 Antibody
- 3033 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) (93H1) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.