Product Pathways - DNA Damage
Mre11 (31H4) Rabbit mAb #4847
|W IP IHC-P IHC-F F||H||Endogenous||81||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Mre11 detects endogenous levels of Mre11 homologue A (Mre11A).
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys496 of human Mre11A.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa and K562 cells, using Mre11 Rabbit (31H4) mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, using Mre11 (31H4) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or Mre11 Blocking Peptide #1035 (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded lung carcinoma, using Mre11 (31H4) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen SKOV-3 xenograft using Mre11 (31H4) Rabbit mAb.
Mre11, originally described in genetic screens from the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae in which mutants were defective in meiotic recombination (1), is a central part of a multisubunit nuclease composed of Mre11, Rad50 and Nbs1 (MRN) (2,3). The MRN complex plays a critical role in sensing, processing and repairing DNA double strand breaks. Defects lead to genomic instability, telomere shortening, aberrant meiosis and hypersensitivity to DNA damage (4). Hypomorphic mutations of Mre11 are found in ataxia-telangiectasia-like disease (ATLD), with phenotypes similar to mutations in ATM that cause ataxia-telangiectasia (A-T), including a predisposition to malignancy in humans (5). Cellular consequences of ATLD include chromosomal instability and defects in the intra-S phase and G2/M checkpoints in response to DNA damage. The MRN complex may directly activate the ATM checkpoint kinase at DNA breaks (6).
- Ajimura, M. et al. (1993) Genetics 133, 51-66.
- D'Amours, D. and Jackson, S.P. (2002) Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 3, 317-327.
- van den Bosch, M. et al. (2003) EMBO Rep. 4, 844-849.
- Theuissen, J.F. et al. (2003) Mol. Cell 12, 1511-1523.
- Stewart, G.S. et al. (1999) Cell 99, 577-587.
- Carson, C.T. et al. (2003) EMBO J. 22, 6610-6620.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4895 Mre11 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.