Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
PCTAIRE 1 Antibody #4852
|W IP F||M R (H)||Endogenous||65||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PCTAIRE 1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total PCTAIRE 1.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human PCTAIRE 1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from CAD and Neuro2A cells, using PCTAIRE 1 Antibody.
Three distinct PCTAIRE isoforms (PCTAIRE 1, PCTAIRE 2 and PCTAIRE 3) have been identified in humans and belong to the CDK family of serine/threonine protein kinases. These proteins have a core kinase domain flanked by unique amino- and carboxy-terminal domains. CDK proteins are known to regulate the cell cycle. All three PCTAIRE isoforms are abundantly expressed and catalytically active in post-mitotic brain, suggesting that they may function in processes other than cell division (1). PCTAIRE 1 is a cytoplasmic phosphoprotein whose kinase activity peaks in G2 and S phase (2). While one study indicates that noncovalent interactions with a regulatory component (such as a cyclin) are necessary for catalytic activity of PCTAIRE 1, others show that the monomeric protein is fully active (3). The Cdk5/p25 complex phosphorylates PCTAIRE 1 at Ser95, enhancing its kinase activity (4).
- Meyerson, M. et al. (1992) EMBO J. 11, 2909-2917 .
- Charrasse, S. et al. (1999) Cell Growth Differ. 10, 611-620.
- Graeser, R. et al. (2002) J. Cell Sci. 115, 3479-3490.
- Cheng, K. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 31988-31993.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9110 PhosphoPlus® cdc2 (Tyr15) Antibody Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.