Product Pathways - DNA Damage
Phospho-Mre11 (Ser676) Antibody #4859
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Mre11 (Ser676) Antibody detects endogenous levels of Mre11 only when phosphorylated at Ser676.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser676 of human Mre11. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Mre11, originally described in genetic screens from the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae in which mutants were defective in meiotic recombination (1), is a central part of a multisubunit nuclease composed of Mre11, Rad50 and Nbs1 (MRN) (2,3). The MRN complex plays a critical role in sensing, processing and repairing DNA double strand breaks. Defects lead to genomic instability, telomere shortening, aberrant meiosis and hypersensitivity to DNA damage (4). Hypomorphic mutations of Mre11 are found in ataxia-telangiectasia-like disease (ATLD), with phenotypes similar to mutations in ATM that cause ataxia-telangiectasia (A-T), including a predisposition to malignancy in humans (5). Cellular consequences of ATLD include chromosomal instability and defects in the intra-S phase and G2/M checkpoints in response to DNA damage. The MRN complex may directly activate the ATM checkpoint kinase at DNA breaks (6).
Phospho-Mre11 (Ser676) Antibody is directed to a site that was identified at Cell Signaling Technology (CST) using PhosphoScan®, CST's LC-MS/MS platform for modification site discovery. Phosphorylation at Ser676 was discovered using an ATM/ATR substrate antibody and was shown to be induced by UV treatment (7). Please visit PhosphoSitePlus®, CST's modification site knowledgebase, at www.phosphosite.org for more information.
- Ajimura, M. et al. (1993) Genetics 133, 51-66.
- D'Amours, D. and Jackson, S.P. (2002) Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 3, 317-327.
- van den Bosch, M. et al. (2003) EMBO Rep. 4, 844-849.
- Theuissen, J.F. et al. (2003) Mol. Cell 12, 1511-1523.
- Stewart, G.S. et al. (1999) Cell 99, 577-587.
- Carson, C.T. et al. (2003) EMBO J. 22, 6610-6620.
- Stokes, M.P. et al. (2007) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 104, 19855-19860.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4847 Mre11 (31H4) Rabbit mAb
- 4895 Mre11 Antibody
- 2851 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) ATM/ATR Substrate Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.