Product Pathways - Protein Folding
HSP60 (D85) Antibody #4869
|W IF-IC F||H M R Mk Dm||Endogenous||60||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey Dm=D. melanogaster
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
HSP60 (D85) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total HSP60 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with other HSPs.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide surrounding Asp85 of human HSP60. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using HSP60 (D85) Antibody.
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells using HSP60 (D85) Antibody (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells using HSP60 (D85) Antibody (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with Alexa Fluor® 555 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
In both prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells the misfolding and aggregation of proteins during biogenesis and under conditions of cellular stress are prevented by molecular chaperones (1-3). HSP60 has primarily been known as a mitochondrial protein that is important for folding key proteins after import into the mitochondria (4). Research studies have shown that a significant amount of HSP60 is also present in the cytosol of many cells, and that it is induced by stress, inflammatory and immune responses, and autoantibodies correlated with Alzheimer's, coronary artery diseases, MS, and diabetes (5-8).
- Hartl, F.U. (1996) Nature 381, 571-579.
- Bukau, B. and Horwich, A.L. (1998) Cell 92, 351-366.
- Hartl, F.U. and Hayer-Hartl, M. (2002) Science 295, 1852-1858.
- Jindal, S. et al. (1989) Mol. Cell Biol. 9, 2279-2283.
- Itoh, H. et al. (2002) Eur. J. Biochem. 269, 5931-5938.
- Gupta, S. and Knowlton, A.A. J. Cell Mol. Med. 9, 51-58.
- Deocaris, C.C. et al. (2006) Cell Stress Chaperones 11, 116-128.
- Lai, H.C. et al. (2007) Am. J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab. 292, E292-E297.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4868 HSP40 Antibody
- 4870 HSP60 (D307) Antibody
- 4872 HSP70 Antibody
- 4873 HSP70 (6B3) Rat mAb
- 4874 HSP90 Antibody
- 4875 HSP90 (E289) Antibody
- 4876 HSP70 (D69) Antibody
- 2723 Hip Antibody
- 4356 HSF1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.