Product Pathways - Protein Folding
HSP70 Antibody #4872
|W IHC-P||H M R Mk B||Endogenous||72, 73||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
HSP70 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total HSP70 protein (HSP70-Hom, HSP70-1) and HSPC70.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human HSP70. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, NIH/3T3, C6 and COS cells, using HSP70 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, using HSP70 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, using HSP70 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma showing cytoplasmic localization using HSP70 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, using HSP70 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human prostate carcinoma, using HSP70 Antibody.
HSP70 and HSP90 are molecular chaperones expressed constitutively under normal conditions to maintain protein homeostasis and are induced upon environmental stress (1). Both HSP70 and HSP90 are able to interact with unfolded proteins to prevent irreversible aggregation and catalyze the refolding of their substrates in an ATP- and co-chaperone-dependent manner (1). HSP70 has a broad range of substrates including newly synthesized and denatured proteins, while HSP90 tends to have a more limited subset of substrates, most of which are signaling molecules. HSP70 and HSP90 often function collaboratively in a multi-chaperone system, which requires a minimal set of co-chaperones: HSP40, Hop, and p23 (2,3). The co-chaperones either regulate the intrinsic ATPase activity of the chaperones or recruit chaperones to specific substrates or subcellular compartments (1,4). When the ubiquitin ligase CHIP associates with the HSP70/HSP90 complex as a cofactor, the unfolded substrates are subjected to degradation by the proteasome (4). The biological functions of HSP70/HSP90 extend beyond their chaperone activity. They are essential for the maturation and inactivation of nuclear hormones and other signaling molecules (1,3). They also play a role in vesicle formation and protein trafficking (2).
- Nollen, E.A. and Morimoto, R.I. (2002) J. Cell Sci. 115, 2809-2816.
- Young, J.C. et al. (2003) Trends Biochem. Sci. 28, 541-547.
- Pratt, W.B. and Toft, D.O. (2003) Exp. Biol. Med. 228, 111-133.
- Hohfeld, J. et al. (2001) EMBO Rep. 2, 885-890.
- Lu, W.J. et al. (2011) Cell Death Differ 18, 1046-56. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4876 HSP70 (D69) Antibody
- 4873 HSP70 (6B3) Rat mAb
- 4874 HSP90 Antibody
- 2401 Phospho-HSP27 (Ser82) Antibody
- 2402 HSP27 (G31) Mouse mAb
- 2404 Phospho-HSP27 (Ser15) Antibody
- 2405 Phospho-HSP27 (Ser78) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.