Product Pathways - Translational Control
FUS/TLS Antibody #4885
|W||H M R Mk (Hm) (B) (GP) (Hr)||Endogenous||70||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey B=Bovine GP=Guinea Pig Hr=Horse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
FUS/TLS Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total FUS/TLS protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly272 of human TLS/FUS protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
FUS/TLS (fused in sarcoma/translocated in liposarcoma) was initially identified by investigators as a component of fusion proteins found in a variety of cancers such as myxoid liposarcoma, acute myeloid leukemia, and Ewing’s tumor (1). FUS/TLS fusion with the DNA binding domain of transcription activators such as CHOP and ERG leads to aberrant transcription of target genes that is thought by researchers to lead to tumor development (1-5). FUS/TLS is involved in a wide range of RNA processing events such as pre-mRNA splicing, mRNA transcription, and miRNA processing (1,6). In addition to its role in RNA metabolism, FUS/TLS maintains genomic stability and co-regulates gene expression by interacting with various transcription factors such as nuclear receptors, YB-1, p65 subunit of NF-κB, TFIID, and RUNX2 (1,6,7). More recently, researchers have found several mutations of FUS/TLS in ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) and FTLD (frontotemporal lobar degeneration) patients that causes cytoplasmic mislocalization of FUS/TLS (6,8-11).
- Yang, S. et al. (2010) Int J Biochem Cell Biol 42, 1408-11.
- Crozat, A. et al. (1993) Nature 363, 640-4.
- Rabbitts, T.H. et al. (1993) Nat Genet 4, 175-80.
- Law, W.J. et al. (2006) Brief Funct Genomic Proteomic 5, 8-14.
- Prasad, D.D. et al. (1994) Oncogene 9, 3717-29.
- Lagier-Tourenne, C. et al. (2010) Hum Mol Genet 19, R46-64.
- Baechtold, H. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 34337-42.
- Hewitt, C. et al. (2010) Arch Neurol 67, 455-61.
- Vance, C. et al. (2009) Science 323, 1208-11.
- Van Langenhove, T. et al. (2010) Neurology 74, 366-71.
- Da Cruz, S. and Cleveland, D.W. (2011) Curr Opin Neurobiol 21, 904-19.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.