Product Pathways - Protein Stability
UBE1a/b Antibody #4891
|W IF-IC||H M R||Endogenous||110, 117||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
UBE1a/b Antibody detects endogenous levels of total UBE1a and UBE1b proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide surrounding Thr800 of human UBE1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from K562 and SK-N-MC cells using UBE1a/b Antibody.
Ubiquitin can be covalently linked to many cellular proteins by the ubiquitination process, which targets proteins for degradation by the 26S proteasome. Three components are involved in the target protein-ubiquitin conjugation process. Ubiquitin is first activated by forming a thiolester complex with the ubiquitin-activating enzyme (UBE1 or E1). The activated ubiquitin is subsequently transferred to the ubiquitin-carrier protein E2, and then from E2 to ubiquitin ligase E3 for final delivery to the ε-amino group of the target protein lysine residue (1-3). Combinatorial interactions of different E2 and E3 proteins result in substrate specificity (4). UBE1 has two isofoms: UBE1a is a nuclear protein of 117 kDa while UBE1b is a nuclear and cytoplasmic protein of 110 kDa (5).
- Ciechanover, A. (1998) EMBO J. 17, 7151-7160.
- Hochstrasser, M. (2000) Nat. Cell Biol. 2, E153-E157.
- Hochstrasser, M. (2000) Science 289, 563-564.
- DeSalle, L.M. and Pagano, M. (2001) FEBS Lett. 490, 179-189.
- Stephen, A.G. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 15608-15614.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4890 UBE1a Antibody
- 4996 UBC3B Antibody
- 4997 UBC3 Antibody
- 3936 Ubiquitin (P4D1) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.