Product Pathways - DNA Damage
p63-α Antibody #4892
|W IF-IC||H (C)||Endogenous||75||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human C=Chicken
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
p63alpha Antibody detects endogenous levels of total p63alpha protein. This antibody will detect both full length TAp63alpha and truncated deltaNp63alpha, but not p63beta or p63gamma.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues within the carboxy-terminus of p63alpha. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The p53 tumor suppressor protein plays a major role in cellular response to DNA damage and other genomic aberrations. Activation of p53 can lead to either cell cycle arrest and DNA repair or apoptosis (1). In addition to p53, mammalian cells contain two p53 family members, p63 and p73, which are similar to p53 in both structure and function (2). While p63 can induce p53-responsive genes and apoptosis, mutation of p63 rarely results in tumors (2). Amplification of the p63 gene is frequently observed in squamous cell carcinomas of the lung, head and neck (2,3). The p63 gene contains an alternative transcription intiation site that yields a 40 kDa deltaNp63 lacking the transactivation domain, and alternative splicing at the carboxy-terminus yields the alpha, beta and gamma isoforms (3,4).
- Levine, A. J. et al. (1997) Cell 88, 323-331.
- Waltermann, A. et al. (2003) Oncogene 22, 5686-5693.
- Hibi, K. et al. (2000) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 97, 5462-5467.
- Yang, A. et al. (1999) Nature 398, 714-718.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2524 p53 (1C12) Mouse mAb
- 4662 p73 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.