Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
PI4 Kinase Antibody #4902
|4902S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4902||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||230||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
PI4 Kinase Antibody detects endogenous levels of total PI4 Kinase isoform 230.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the human sequence of PI4 Kinase. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from THP-1, MDA-MB-468 and CAD cells, using PI4 Kinase Antibody.
Inositol phospholipids have an important role in intracellular signaling in response to hormones, growth factors and neurotransmitters. Phosphatidylinositol 4-kinase phosphorylates phosphatidylinositol (PI) to phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate (PIP). In a second step, PIP is further phosphorylated to phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphate (PIP2), and PIP2 is subsequently hydrolyzed by phospholipase C, producing the two intracellular second messengers, inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate (IP3) and diacylglycerol (DAG) (1). PI4K230, PI4K92 and PI4K55 are three PI4 kinase isoforms that have been characterized and classified according to their molecular weights of 230, 92 and 55 kD. Previously, PI4 kinases were classified into type II and III enzymes (2). All isoforms are located on distinct membranes and cellular compartments suggesting various tasks. PI4K230 is located at the endoplasmatic reticulum and outer membranes of mitochondria, PI4K92 at the Golgi apparatus and endoplasmatic reticulum, and PI4K55 at the plasma membrane and endosomes (3-5). PI4K230 is predominantly expressed in brain and moderately sensitive to wortmannin as well as specifically and irreversibly inhibited by cyclitol derivatives (3, 6).
- Wong, K. and Cantley, L.C. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269, 28878-28884.
- Heilmeyer Jr., L. M. et al. (2003) IUBMB Life. 55, 59-65.
- Balla, A. et al. (2000) Exp. Brain Res. 134, 279-288.
- Nakagawa, T. et al. (1996) Biochem. J. 320, 643-649.
- Balla, A. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 20041-20050.
- Pelyvas, I. F. et al. (2001) J. Med. Chem. 44, 627-632.
- Bianco, A. et al. (2012) PLoS Pathog 8, e1002576. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4292 PI3 Kinase p85 Antibody
- 4252 PI3 Kinase p110γ Antibody
- 4255 PI3 Kinase p110α Antibody
- 9951 Wortmannin
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.