Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
Phospho-YAP (Ser127) Antibody #4911
|W IHC-P||H M R (Mk) (B)||Endogenous||65 to 75||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-YAP (Ser127) Antibody detects endogenous levels of YAP only when phosphorylated at serine 127.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser127 of human YAP. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from MDA-MB-468 cells, untreated or treated with wortmannin and LY294002, using Phospho-YAP (Ser127) Antibody. The phospho-specificity of the antibody was verified by treating the membrane with (+) or without (-) calf intestinal phosphatase (CIP) after western transfer.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, showing cytoplasmic and nuclear localization, using Phospho-YAP (Ser127) Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma control (left) or lambda phosphatase-treated (right), using Phospho-YAP (Ser127) Antibody
YAP (Yes-associated protein, YAP65) was identified based on its ability to associate with the SH3 domain of Yes. It also binds to other SH3 domain-containing proteins such as Nck, Crk, Src, and Abl (1). In addition to the SH3 binding motif, YAP contains a PDZ interaction motif, a coiled-coil domain, and WW domains (2-4). While initial studies of YAP all pointed towards a role in anchoring and targeting to specific subcellular compartments, subsequent studies showed that YAP is a transcriptional co-activator by virtue of its WW domain interacting with the PY motif (PPxY) of the transcription factor PEBP2 and other transcription factors (5,6). Upon phosphorylation at Ser127, YAP interacts with 14-3-3 in an Akt-dependent manner and suppresses p73-mediated apoptosis (6).
- Sudol, M. (1994) Oncogene 9, 2145-2152.
- Mohler, P. et al. (1999) J. Cell Biol. 147, 879-890.
- Espanel, X. and Sudol, M. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 14514-14523.
- Sudol, M. et al. (1995) FEBS Lett. 369, 67-71.
- Yagi, R. et al. (1999) EMBO J. 18, 2551-2562.
- Basu, S. et al. (2003) Mol. Cell 11, 11-23.
- Donninger, H. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 18483-91. Applications: Western Blotting
- Murakami, H. et al. (2011) Cancer Res 71, 873-83. Applications: Western Blotting
- Dong, A. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 18301-10. Applications: Western Blotting
- Hall, C.A. et al. (2010) Cancer Res 70, 8517-25. Applications: IF-P (paraffin) Western Blotting
- Kim, N.G. et al. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108, 11930-5. Applications: Western Blotting
- Mao, Y. et al. (2011) Development 138, 947-57. Applications: IF-P (paraffin)
- Angus, L. et al. (2011) Oncogene , . Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4912 YAP Antibody
- 4691 Akt (pan) (C67E7) Rabbit mAb
- 9271 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) Antibody
- 9935 Src Antibody Sampler Kit
- 4662 p73 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.