Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
YAP Antibody #4912
|4912S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4912||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||65 to 75||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
YAP Antibody detects endogenous levels of total YAP protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the human sequence of YAP. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3, C6 and MDA-MB-231 cells, using YAP Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, showing cytoplasmic and nuclear localization, using YAP Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, using YAP Antibody in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen specific peptide (right).
YAP (Yes-associated protein, YAP65) was identified based on its ability to associate with the SH3 domain of Yes. It also binds to other SH3 domain-containing proteins such as Nck, Crk, Src, and Abl (1). In addition to the SH3 binding motif, YAP contains a PDZ interaction motif, a coiled-coil domain, and WW domains (2-4). While initial studies of YAP all pointed towards a role in anchoring and targeting to specific subcellular compartments, subsequent studies showed that YAP is a transcriptional co-activator by virtue of its WW domain interacting with the PY motif (PPxY) of the transcription factor PEBP2 and other transcription factors (5,6). Upon phosphorylation at Ser127, YAP interacts with 14-3-3 in an Akt-dependent manner and suppresses p73-mediated apoptosis (6).
- Jellicoe, M.M. et al. (2008) Carcinogenesis 29, 1124-33. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Poon, C.L. et al. (2011) Dev Cell 21, 896-906. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4911 Phospho-YAP (Ser127) Antibody
- 4691 Akt (pan) (C67E7) Rabbit mAb
- 9271 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) Antibody
- 9275 Phospho-Akt (Thr308) Antibody
- 9935 Src Antibody Sampler Kit
- 4662 p73 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.