Product Pathways - Protein Stability
Ubc12 Antibody #4913
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||21||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Ubc12 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Ubc12 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding K36 of human Ubc12. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Similar to ubiquitin, Nedd8 signals to target proteins through an enzymatic cascade composed of Nedd8-specific E1 (activating)- and E2 (conjugating)-enzymes (1,2). The E2 ligase specific for Nedd8 is Ubc12 (3-5). Ubc12 forms a heterodimeric conjugate with NEDD8 in order to catalyze the transfer of NEDD8 from E1 to lysine side chains of target proteins (1,2). Well known targets of NEDD8 belong to the cullin family of E3 ligases. Neddylation of cullin activates the related ubiquitin E3 complex by promoting its interaction with ubiquitin-E2 ligase and catalyzing downstream target protein ubiquitination (6-7). Neddylation of the cullins on SCFROC1, SCFβTrCP, and SCFSKP2 has been shown to be required for controlling important signaling targets such as IκB, NF-κB, and p27 Kip (8-10), thereby regulating cell cycle progression, signaling cascades, and developmental programming processes (11).
- Huang, D.T. et al. (2007) Nature 445, 394-8.
- Huang, D.T. et al. (2005) Mol Cell 17, 341-50.
- Liakopoulos, D. et al. (1998) EMBO J 17, 2208-14.
- Gong, L. and Yeh, E.T. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 12036-42.
- Wada, H. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 17008-15.
- Sakata, E. et al. (2007) Nat Struct Mol Biol 14, 167-8.
- Kawakami, T. et al. (2001) EMBO J 20, 4003-12.
- Podust, V.N. et al. (2000) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 97, 4579-84.
- Wu, K. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 516-27.
- Amir, R.E. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 23253-9.
- Herrmann, J. et al. (2007) Circ Res 100, 1276-91.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2745 NEDD8 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.