Product Pathways - Adhesion
CD54/ICAM-1 Antibody #4915
|4915S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4915||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
CD54/ICAM-1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total CD54 (ICAM-1) protein. The antibody does not cross-react with other IgSF adhesion molecules.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues of human CD54 (ICAM-1) protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Ramos, A549 and Raji cells, untreated (-) or TNF-α-treated (+), using CD54/ICAM-1 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lymph node using CD54/ICAM-1 Antibody in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen specific peptide (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Raji cells using CD54/ICAM-1 Antibody.
Intercellular cell adhesion molecule-1 (CD54 or ICAM-1) is a cell surface glycoprotein that belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily (IgSF) of adhesion molecules. CD54 is expressed at low levels in diverse cell types, and is induced by cytokines (TNF-α, interleukin-1) and bacterial lipopolysaccharide (1). Apical localization of CD54 on endothelial cells (or basolateral localization on epithelial cells) is a prerequisite for leukocyte trafficking through the endothelial (or epithelial) barrier (1). Apical expression of CD54 on epithelial cells mediates pathogen invasion as well as host defense, a pattern also observed in tumors (1). CD54 also functions as a co-stimulator on antigen presenting cells, binding to its receptor LFA-1 (leukocyte function-associated antigen-1) on the surface of T cells during antigen presentation (2). Cross-linking of CD54 or binding to its ligand triggers activation of Src family kinases and the Rho/ROCK pathway (3-7). Phosphorylation on Tyr485 of CD54 is required for its association with SHP-2 (5). SHP-2 seems essential for CD54-induced Src activation (7).
- Hopkins, A.M. et al. (2004) Adv Drug Deliv Rev 56, 763-78.
- Nishibori, M. et al. (2003) J Pharmacol Sci 92, 7-12.
- Holland, J. and Owens, T. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 9108-12.
- Etienne, S. et al. (1998) J Immunol 161, 5755-61.
- Pluskota, E. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 30029-36.
- Muro, S. et al. (2003) J Cell Sci 116, 1599-609.
- Wang, Q. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 47731-43.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3751 Phospho-SHP-2 (Tyr542) Antibody
- 3752 SHP-2 Antibody
- 9935 Src Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2101 Phospho-Src Family (Tyr416) Antibody
- 2105 Phospho-Src (Tyr527) Antibody
- 2102 Non-phospho-Src (Tyr416) (7G9) Mouse mAb
- 2107 Non-phospho-Src (Tyr527) Antibody
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.