Product Pathways - Protein Stability
Ubc9 Antibody #4918
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||17||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Ubc9 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Ubc9 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding V148 of human Ubc9. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
The process of SUMO-1 conjugation is similar to that seen with ubiquitin and other forms of post-translational protein modification (1). Like ubiquitin, SUMO-1 is conjugated to its target protein by the coordinated action of ubiquitin conjugation enzymes E1, E2 and E3 (2). Ubc9 (or ube2M) is a highly conserved, 158 amino acid protein that acts as a SUMO-1 conjugating enzyme (3). Ubc9 binds to target proteins through their SUMO-1-CS (consensus sequence) domains and interacts with SUMO via the structurally conserved amino-terminal domain (3,4). Localization of Ubc9 to the nucleus and the nuclear envelope allows this enzyme to catalyze target protein sumoylation and regulate target protein nucleocytoplasmic transport and transcriptional activity (5,6). Ubc9 target proteins include a host of proteins (RAD51, RAD52, p53 and c-Jun) that regulate the cell cycle, DNA repair, and p53-dependent processes (7).
- Geiss-Friedlander, R. and Melchior, F. (2007) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 8, 947-56.
- Tatham, M.H. et al. (2003) Biochemistry 42, 3168-79.
- Sampson, D.A. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 21664-9.
- Liu, Q. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 16979-87.
- Lee, G.W. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 6503-7.
- Pichler, A. and Melchior, F. (2002) Traffic 3, 381-7.
- Mo, Y.Y. and Moschos, S.J. (2005) Expert Opin Ther Targets 9, 1203-16.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.