Product Pathways - Protein Translation
Non-phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr46) (87D12) Rabbit mAb #4923
|4923L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4923S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4923P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4923||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||15-20||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
Non-phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr46) (87D12) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of 4E-BP1 only when dephosphorylated at Thr46. The antibody cross-reacts with 4E-BP2 and 4E-BP3 dephosphorylated at equivalent sites.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr46 of human 4E-BP1.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS cells, treated with λ phosphatase or 20% FBS as indicated, using Non-phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr46) (87D12) Rabbit mAb (upper), Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) Antibody #9459 (middle), and 4E-BP1 Antibody #9452 (lower).
Translation repressor protein 4E-BP1 (also known as PHAS-1) inhibits cap-dependent translation by binding to the translation initiation factor eIF4E. Hyperphosphorylation of 4E-BP1 disrupts this interaction and results in activation of cap-dependent translation (1). Both the PI3 kinase/Akt pathway and FRAP/mTOR kinase regulate 4E-BP1 activity (2,3). Multiple 4E-BP1 residues are phosphorylated in vivo (4). While phosphorylation by FRAP/mTOR at Thr37 and Thr46 does not prevent the binding of 4E-BP1 to eIF4E, it is thought to prime 4E-BP1 for subsequent phosphorylation at Ser65 and Thr70 (5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2855 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) (236B4) Rabbit mAb
- 9644 4E-BP1 (53H11) Rabbit mAb
- 9451 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Ser65) Antibody
- 9455 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr70) Antibody
- 2845 4E-BP2 Antibody
- 9452 4E-BP1 Antibody
- 9459 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) Antibody
- 9741 Phospho-eIF4E (Ser209) Antibody
- 9742 eIF4E Antibody
- 7216 PathScan® Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/Thr46) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.