Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
RIP Antibody #4926
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RIP Antibody detects endogenous levels of RIP (RIP1) protein. No cross-reactivity was detected with other family members. This antibody also detects a carboxy-terminal fragment of RIP (45 kDa) produced by caspase-8 dependent cleavage.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding arginine 413 of human RIP. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The receptor-interacting protein (RIP) family of serine-threonine kinases (RIP, RIP2, RIP3, and RIP4) are important regulators of cellular stress that trigger pro-survival and inflammatory responses through the activation of NF-κB, as well as pro-apoptotic pathways (1). In addition to the kinase domain, RIP contains a death domain responsible for interaction with the death domain receptor Fas and recruitment to TNF-R1 through interaction with TRADD (2,3). RIP-deficient cells show a failure in TNF-mediated NF-κB activation, making the cells more sensitive to apoptosis (4,5). RIP also interacts with TNF-receptor-associated factors (TRAFs) and can recruit IKKs to the TNF-R1 signaling complex via interaction with NEMO, leading to IκB phosphorylation and degradation (6,7). Overexpression of RIP induces both NF-κB activation and apoptosis (2,3). Caspase-8-dependent cleavage of the RIP death domain can trigger the apoptotic activity of RIP (8).
- Meylan, E. and Tschopp, J. (2005) Trends Biochem Sci 30, 151-9.
- Hsu, H. et al. (1996) Immunity 4, 387-96.
- Stanger, B.Z. et al. (1995) Cell 81, 513-23.
- Ting, A.T. et al. (1996) EMBO J 15, 6189-96.
- Kelliher, M.A. et al. (1998) Immunity 8, 297-303.
- Devin, A. et al. (2000) Immunity 12, 419-29.
- Zhang, S.Q. et al. (2000) Immunity 12, 301-11.
- Lin, Y. et al. (1999) Genes Dev 13, 2514-26.
- He, S. et al. (2009) Cell 137, 1100-11. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3033 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) (93H1) Rabbit mAb
- 2682 IKKα Antibody
- 2684 IKKβ Antibody
- 2697 Phospho-IKKα/β (Ser176/180) (16A6) Rabbit mAb
- 9246 Phospho-IκBα (Ser32/36) (5A5) Mouse mAb
- 4724 TRAF2 (C192) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.