Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Granzyme A Antibody #4928
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Granzyme A Antibody detects endogenous levels of Granzyme A protein. No cross-reactivity was observed with Granzyme B.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding threonine 121 of human Granzyme A. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of recombinant His-tagged Granzyme A (10 ng) and lysates from the natural killer cell line NK-92, using Granzyme A Antibody.
Granzymes are a family of serine proteases expressed by cytotoxic T lymphocytes and natural killer (NK) cells and are key components of immune responses to pathogens and transformed cells (1). Granzymes are synthesized as zymogens and are processed into mature enzymes by cleavage of a leader sequence. They are released by exocytosis in lysosome-like granules containing perforin, a membrane pore-forming protein. Granzyme B has the strongest apoptotic activity of all the granzymes as a result of its caspase-like ability to cleave substrates at aspartic acid residues thereby activating procaspases directly and cleaving downstream caspase substrates (2,3).
- Trapani, J.A. (2001) Genome Biol. 2, REVIEWS 3014.
- Lord, S.J. et al. (2003) Immunol. Rev. 193, 31-8.
- Trapani, J.A. and Sutton, V.R. (2003) Curr. Opin. Immunol. 15, 533-43.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4275 Granzyme B Antibody
- 9665 Caspase-3 (8G10) Rabbit mAb
- 9664 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1E) Rabbit mAb
- 9746 Caspase-8 (1C12) Mouse mAb
- 3707 TNF-α Antibody
- 4273 FasL Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.