Product Pathways - Protein Stability
SUMO-1 Antibody #4930
|4930S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4930P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4930||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
SUMO-1 Antibody detects recombinant SUMO-1 and endogenous levels of sumoylated proteins (e.g. SUMO-1-RanGAP, 90kD).
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence within human SUMO-1 that does not correspond to SUMO-2/3. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of recombinant GST-SUMO-1 protein (38 kDa) and extracts from CAD, HeLa and PC-12 cells, using SUMO-1 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, using SUMO-1 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, using SUMO-1 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, usinig SUMO-1 Antibody.
Small ubiquitin-related modifier 1, 2 and 3 (SUMO-1, -2 and -3) are members of the ubiquitin-like protein family (1). The covalent attachment of the SUMO-1, -2 or -3 (SUMOylation) to target proteins is analogous to ubiquitination. This post-translational modification is a reversible, multi-step process that is initiated by cleaving a precursor protein to a mature protein. Mature SUMO-1, -2 or -3 is then linked to the activating enzyme E1, conjugated to E2 and in conjunction with E3, SUMO-1, -2 or -3 is ligated to the target protein (2). Ubiquitin and the individual SUMO family members are all targeted to different proteins with diverse biological functions. Ubiquitin predominantly regulates degradation of its target (1). In contrast, SUMO-1 is conjugated to RanGAP, PML, p53 and IκB-α to regulate nuclear trafficking, formation of subnuclear structures, regulation of transcriptional activity and protein stability (3-7). SUMO-2/-3 forms poly-(SUMO) chains, is conjugated to topoisomerase II and APP, regulates chromosomal segregation and cellular responses to environmental stress, and plays a role in the progression of Alzheimer disease (8-11).
- Schwartz, D.C. and Hochstrasser, M. (2003) Trends Biochem. Sci. 28, 321-328.
- Kim, K.I. et al. (2002) J. Cell Physiol. 191, 257-268.
- Matunis, M.J. et al. (1996) J. Cell Biol. 135, 1457-1470.
- Duprez, E. et al. (1999) J. Cell Sci. 112, 381-393.
- Gostissa, M. et al. (1999) EMBO J. 18, 6462-6474.
- Rodriguez, M.S. et al. (1999) EMBO J. 18, 6455-6461.
- Desterro, J.M. et al. (1998) Mol. Cell 2, 233-239.
- Tatham, M.H. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 35368-35374.
- Azuma, Y. et al. (2003) J. Cell Biol. 163, 477-487.
- Li, Y. et al. (2003) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 100, 259-264.
- Saitoh, H. and Hinchey, J. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 6252-6258.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3936 Ubiquitin (P4D1) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4971 SUMO-2/3 (18H8) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.