Product Pathways - Apoptosis
FAF1 Antibody #4932
|W||H M R||Endogenous||74 to 80||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
FAF1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of FAF1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with synthetic peptides corresponding to a central region of FAF1 around residue 260. Antibodies are purified by protein A and affinity chromatography.
FAF1 was originally identified though yeast two-hybrid screening, interacting with the cytoplasmic domain of Fas, a member of the TNF receptor superfamily that plays a critical role in in apoptosis during development and immune function (1). FAF1 is widely expressed with highest expression observed in testis, skeletal muscle and heart (2). FAF1 potentiates Fas-mediated apoptosis and may induce apoptosis without Fas stimulation in some cell types. It does not contain typical death motifs, but rather has two amino-terminal domains with structural homology to ubiquitin. While the precise role of FAF1 during apoptosis is still unclear, it has been observed to be one of the components of the death-inducing signaling complex (DISC) during Fas-mediated apoptosis and can bind to caspase-8 and FADD (3). FAF1 has also been shown to suppress the activation of the NF-kappaB transcription factor (4).
- Chu, K. et al. (1995) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 92, 11894-11898.
- Ryu, S. W. et al. (1999) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm. 262, 388-394.
- Ryu, S. W. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 24003-24010.
- Park, M. Y. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 2544-2549.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.