Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Acinus Antibody #4934
|W IF-IC||H M R Mk||Endogenous||220, 84, 86||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Acinus Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Acinus protein. The antibody recognizes L, S and S' isoforms.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala835 of Acinus. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Acinus (apoptotic chromatin condensation inducer in the nucleus) is a caspase substrate that has been implicated in nuclear changes during apoptosis (1). Chromatin condensation and DNA fragmentation are both nuclear morphological features associated with apoptosis. Acinus is expressed in different isoforms (L, S, S') most likely generated by alternative splicing (1). During apoptosis Acinus is cleaved by caspase-3 to generate a 23 kDa fragment that was reported to induce chromatin condensation (1). Acinus has been identified to be a component of the spliceosome complex, ASAP, suggesting a role in pre-mRNA processing (2-4). Down regulation of Acinus by RNA interference inhibits cell growth (5). This study also found that loss of Acinus inhibits DNA fragmentation but not chromatin condensation during apoptosis.
- Sahara, S. et al. (1999) Nature 401, 168-173.
- Schwerk, C. et al. (2003) Mol. Cell. Biol. 23, 2981-2990.
- Zhou, Z. et al. (2002) Nature 419, 182-185.
- Rappsilber, J. et al. (2002) Genome Res. 12, 1231-1245.
- Joselin, A.P. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281, 12475-12484.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9731 Cleaved DFF45 (Asp224) Antibody
- 9732 DFF45/DFF35 Antibody
- 9664 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1E) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.