Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Rap1A/Rap1B Antibody #4938
|W F||H M R Mk B||Endogenous||21||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rap1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Rap1A and Rap1B protein. This antibody does not cross-react with Rap2 and other Ras-related proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gln130 of human Rap1A. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HEK293, NIH/3T3, C6 and COS cells, using Rap1A/Rap1B Antibody.
Rap1 and Rap2 belong to the Ras subfamily of small GTPases and are activated by a wide variety of stimuli through integrins, receptor tyrosine kinases (RTKs), G-protein coupled receptors (GPCR), death domain associated receptors (DD-R) and ion channels (1,2). Like other small GTPases, Rap activity is stimulated by guanine nucleotide exchange factors (GEF) and inactivated by GTPase activating proteins (GAP). A wide variety of Rap GEFs have been identified: C3G connects Rap1 with RTKs through adaptor proteins such as Crk, Epacs (or cAMP-GEFs) transmit signals from cAMP, and CD-GEFs (or CalDAG-GEFs) convey signals from either or both Ca2+ and DAG (1). Rap1 primarily regulates multiple integrin-dependent processes such as morphogenesis, cell-cell adhesion, hematopoiesis, leukocyte migration and tumor invasion (1,2). Rap1 may also regulate proliferation, differentiation and survival through downstream effectors including B-Raf, PI3K, RalGEF and phospholipases (PLCs) (1-4). Rap1 and Rap2 are not fuctionally redundant as they perform overlapping but distinct functions (5). Recent research indicates that Rap2 regulates Dsh subcellular localization and is required for Wnt signaling in early development (6).
- Bos, J. et al. (2001) Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 2, 369-377.
- Caron, E. (2003) J. Cell Sci. 116, 435-440.
- Song, C. et al. (2002) Oncogene 21, 8105-8113.
- Rong, R. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 52497-52503.
- Taira, K. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 49488-49496.
- Choi, S. and Han, J. (2005) EMBO J. 24, 985-996.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3965 Ras Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2399 Rap1A/Rap1B (26B4) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.