Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
PBK/TOPK Antibody #4942
|W IHC-P||H M R||Endogenous||40||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PBK/TOPK Antibody detects endogenous levels of total PBK/TOPK protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids at the carboxy-terminus of human PBK/TOPK. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3 and PC12 cells, using PBK/TOPK Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, showing membrane and cytoplasmic localization, using PBK/TOPK Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, using PBK/TOPK Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded ME-180 cells, using PBK/TOPK Antibody (left), or no primary antibody (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, using PBK/TOPK Antibody preincubated with an irrelevant control peptide (left) or antigen specific peptide (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human prostate carcinoma, using PBK/TOPK Antibody.
PBK/TOPK is a serine/threonine kinase that is phosphorylated and active during mitosis (1). PBK/TOPK is composed of kinase subdomains and a carboxy-terminal PDZ-Binding domain, which is thought to interact with the tumor suppressor protein hDlg (1). Increased PBK/TOPK expression has been observed in highly proliferative malignant cell lines, and PBK/TOPK expression is strongly downregulated during terminal differentiation of HL-60 leukemic cells (2,3). PMA-induced kinase activity toward PBK/TOPK has been observed (4), and cdc2/cyclinB has been shown to phosphorylate PBK/TOPK in vitro, presumably at Thr9 (1). Potential substrates of PBK/TOPK include p38 MAPK and c-Myc (3,4).
- Gaudet, S. et al. (2000) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U S A 97, 5167-5172.
- Simons-Evelyn, M. et al. (2001) Blood Cells Mol. Dis. 27, 825-829.
- Nandi, A. et al. (2004) Blood Cells Mol. Dis. 32, 240-245.
- Abe, Y. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 21525-21531.
- Matsumoto, S. et al. (2004) Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 325, 997-1004.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9211 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) Antibody
- 9212 p38 MAPK Antibody
- 9114 Phospho-cdc2 (Thr161) Antibody
- 9116 cdc2 (POH1) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.