Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
IRF-2 Antibody #4943
|W IP||H M R (Mk)||Endogenous||45||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
IRF-2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total IRF-2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp327 of human IRF-2 protein. Antibodies were purified by affinity chromatography.
Interferon regulatory factors (IRFs) comprise a family of transcription factors that function within the Jak/Stat pathway to regulate interferon (IFN) and IFN-inducible gene expression in response to viral infection (1). IRFs play an important role in pathogen defense, autoimmunity, lymphocyte development, cell growth, and susceptibility to transformation. The IRF family includes nine members: IRF-1, IRF-2, ISGF3γ/p48, IRF-3, IRF-4 (Pip/LSIRF/ICSAT), IRF-5, IRF-6, IRF-7, and IRF-8/ICSBP. All IRF proteins share homology in their amino-terminal DNA-binding domains. IRF family members regulate transcription through interactions with proteins that share similar DNA-binding motifs, such as IFN-stimulated response elements (ISRE), IFN consensus sequences (ICS), and IFN regulatory elements (IRF-E) (2).
Structurally similar to other IRF family members, IRF-2 acts as both a transcription activator and repressor. IRF-2 promotes transcription of several genes, including histone H4, the VCAM1 cell adhesion protein, and CIITA, a MHC transactivator protein. Conversely, IRF-2 competitively binds to promoter sites utilized by IRF-1, repressing activation by this related transcription factor (3). Its activity may be controlled by inducible proteolysis (4). IRF-2 has also been associated with increased oncogenic potential (5,6) and lymphocyte development (7,8).
- Taniguchi, T. et al. (2001) Annu Rev Immunol 19, 623-55.
- Honda, K. and Taniguchi, T. (2006) Nat Rev Immunol 6, 644-58.
- Harada, H. et al. (1989) Cell 58, 729-739.
- Palombella, V.J. and Maniatis, T. (1992) Mol. Cell Biol. 12, 3325-3336.
- Harada, H. et al. (1993) Science 259, 971-974.
- Nguyen, H. et al. (1995) Oncogene 11, 537-544.
- Matsuyama, T. et al. (1993) Cell 75, 83-97.
- Lohoff, M. et al. (2000) J. Exp. Med. 192, 325-336.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4947 Phospho-IRF-3 (Ser396) (4D4G) Rabbit mAb
- 4964 IRF-4 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.