Product Pathways - DNA Damage
HR6A/HR6B Antibody #4944
|W IF-IC F||H M R Mk (C) (Dm) (X) (Z)||Endogenous||17||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey C=Chicken Dm=D. melanogaster X=Xenopus Z=Zebrafish
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
HR6A/HR6B Antibody detects endogenous levels of total HR6A and HR6B proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids at the amino-terminus of human HR6A. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, ME-180, 293 and K562 cells, using HR6A/HR6B Antibody.
Flow cytometric analysis of untreated Jurkat cells, using HR6A/HR6B Antibody (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
The ubiquitin-conjugating (UBC) enzymes HR6A and HR6B are the mammalian orthologues of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae Rad6 gene products (1). In S. cerevisiae, Rad6 facilitates cell cycle progression and ubiquitinates histone H2B (2,3). In vivo phosphorylation of HR6A Ser120 by cyclin-dependent kinases is thought to be important for the coordination and timing of ubiquitination events involved in cell cycle progression (4). In response to DNA damage, HR6A is known to interact physically with p53 and p14ARF, but knockout mice lacking HR6A or HR6B exhibit normal DNA damage responses (5,6). HR6B knockout males exhibit defective spermatogenesis, while HR6A knockout females fail to produce viable offspring (6).
- Koken, M. H. et al. (1991) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 88, 8865-8869.
- Ellison, K. S. et al. (1991) J. Biol. Chem. 266, 24116-24120.
- Robzyk, K. et al. (2000) Science 287, 501-504.
- Sarcevic, B. et al. (2002) EMBO J. 21, 2009-2018.
- Lyakhovich, A. and Shekhar, M.P. (2003) Mol. Cell. Biol. 23, 2463-2475.
- Roest, H. P. et al. (2004) Mol. Cell. Biol. 24, 5485-5495.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3936 Ubiquitin (P4D1) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.