Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
Phospho-WNK1 (Thr60) Antibody #4946
|W||H (M) (R)||Endogenous||230||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-WNK1 (Thr60) Antibody detects endogenous levels of WNK1 only when phosphorylated at threonine 60.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresonding a region surrounding Thr60 of human WNK1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The WNK [with no lysine (K)] family of serine/threonine kinases is characterized by having a cysteine in place of lysine in subdomain II of its kinase activation domain (1,2). The lysine necessary for phosphoryl transfer is located in an atypical position in the catalytic domain. Four WNK family members have been identified in humans (WNK1-4) and have been implicated in regulating ion permeability (3). Mutations in the WNK1 and WNK4 genes in humans cause pseudohypoaldosteronism type II (PHAII), an autosomal dominant disorder leading to hypertension, hyperkalemia, and renal tubular acidosis (4). WNK4 is specifically expressed in the kidney, whereas WNK1 has a wider distribution but is predominantly expressed in polarized epithelia (1-3). Heterozygous mutations in WNK1 in mice result in a significant decrease in blood pressure, while homozygous mutations are embryonic lethal (5). WNK1 is phosphorylated by Akt at Thr60 (6). In addition, WNK1 may be autophosphorylated at Ser382 in the activation loop, and this is thought to be required for its kinase activity (7).
- Veríssimo, F. and Jordan, P. (2001) Oncogene 20, 5562-9.
- Xu, B. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 16795-801.
- Choate, K.A. et al. (2003) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100, 663-8.
- Wilson, F.H. et al. (2001) Science 293, 1107-12.
- Zambrowicz, B.P. et al. (2003) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100, 14109-14.
- Vitari, A.C. et al. (2004) Biochem J 378, 257-68.
- Xu, B.E. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 48456-62.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4979 WNK1 Antibody
- 4060 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (D9E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4691 Akt (pan) (C67E7) Rabbit mAb
- 2965 Phospho-Akt (Thr308) (C31E5E) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.