Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
AID (30F12) Rabbit mAb #4949
|W IP||H||Endogenous||24||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
AID (30F12) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total AID protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu165 of human AID.
Activation-induced cytidine deaminase (AID) is thought to modify RNA due to its high homology to the RNA editing enzyme APOBEC-1. This function, however, has not been confirmed in in vitro studies, which show that AID has significant cytidine deaminase activity, and that this activity is blocked by zinc chelation (1).The B cell immune system must specifically recognize several infectious agents, which vastly outnumber immunoglobulin gene segments present in a given organism. Mechanisms such as somatic hypermutation, isotype switch recombination and gene conversion introduce diversity and specificity to the immune system. Analysis of mouse models and patients with AID deficiency has established a link between all three of these mechanisms and AID function (2). AID protein is detected in germinal center centroblast and germinal center derived lymphomas (Burkitt lymphoma), but not in pre-germinal center B cells or post-germinal center neoplasms (B cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia and multiple myeloma) (3).
- Muramatsu, M. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 18470-18476.
- Reynaud, C.A. et al. (2003) Nat. Immunol. 7, 631-638.
- Pasqualucci, L. et al. (2004) Blood 104, 3318-3325.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4975 AID (L7E7) Mouse mAb
- 4959 AID (EK2 5G9) Rat mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.