Product Pathways - Apoptosis
c-IAP1 Antibody #4952
|4952S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4952||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||62||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
c-IAP1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of c-IAP1. At physiological levels, cross reactivity was not detected with other family members.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between the first two BIR domains of c-IAP1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and affinity chromatography.
The inhibitor of apoptosis protein (IAP) family consists of an evolutionarily conserved group of apoptosis inhibitors containing a conserved 70 amino acid BIR (baculovirus inhibitor repeat) domain (1,2). Human members of this family include c-IAP1, c-IAP2, XIAP, survivin, livin, and NAIP. Overexpression of IAP family members, particularly survivin and livin, in cancer cell lines and primary tumors suggests an important role for these proteins in cancer progression (3-5). In general, the IAP proteins function through direct interactions to inhibit the activity of several caspases, including caspase-3, caspase-7, and caspase-9 (5,6). In addition, binding of IAP family members to the mitochondrial protein Smac blocks their interaction with caspase-9, thereby allowing the processing and activation of the caspase (2).
- Deveraux, Q.L. and Reed, J.C. (1999) Genes Dev 13, 239-52.
- Deveraux, Q.L. et al. (1998) EMBO J 17, 2215-23.
- Altieri, D.C. et al. (1999) Lab Invest 79, 1327-33.
- Tamm, I. et al. (2000) Clin Cancer Res 6, 1796-803.
- Kasof, G.M. and Gomes, B.C. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 3238-46.
- Deveraux, Q.L. et al. (1997) Nature 388, 300-4.
- Jinesh G, G. et al. (2012) J Leukoc Biol , . Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3130 c-IAP2 (58C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2042 XIAP Antibody
- 2045 XIAP (3B6) Rabbit mAb
- 2802 Survivin (6E4) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.