Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
SLP-76 Antibody #4958
|W IP IHC-P||H M||Endogenous||76||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SLP-76 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total SLP-76 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human SLP-76. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Jurkat and BW5147cells using SLP-76 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon using SLP-76 Antibody in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human tonsil using SLP-76 Antibody.
SH2 domain-containing leukocyte protein of 76 kDa (SLP-76) is a hematopoietic adapter protein that is important in multiple biochemical signaling pathways and necessary for T cell development and activation (1). ZAP-70 phosphorylates SLP-76 and LAT as a result of TCR ligation. SLP-76 has amino-terminal tyrosine residues followed by a proline rich domain and a carboxy-terminal SH2 domain. Phosphorylation of Tyr113 and Tyr128 result in recruitment of the GEF Vav and the adapter protein Nck (2). TCR ligation also mediates an association between SLP-76 and Itk, which is accomplished in part via the proline rich domain of SLP-76 and the SH3 domain of ITK. Furthermore, the proline rich domain of SLP-76 binds to the SH3 domains of Grb2-like adapter Gads (3-4). In resting cells, SLP-76 is predominantly in the cytosol. Upon TCR ligation, SLP-76 translocates to the plasma membrane and promotes the assembly of a multi-protein signaling complex that includes Vav, Nck, Itk and PLCg1 (1). The expression of SLP-76 is tightly regulated: the protein is detected at very early stages of thymocyte development, increases as thymocyte maturation progresses, and is reduced as cells mature to CD4+ CD8+ double-positive thymocytes (5).
- Clements, J.L. (2003) Immunol. Rev. 191, 211-219.
- Bubeck Wardenburg, J. et al. (1998) Immunity. 9, 607-616.
- Bunnell, S. C. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 2219-2230.
- Liu, S. K. et al. (1999) Curr. Biol. 9, 67-75.
- Clements, J. L. et al. (1998) J. Immunol. 161, 3880-3889.
- Harr, M.W. et al. (2010) Cell Death Differ 17, 1381-91. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3581 Phospho-LAT (Tyr171) Antibody
- 3584 Phospho-LAT (Tyr191) Antibody
- 2822 PLCγ1 Antibody
- 2701 Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr319)/Syk (Tyr352) Antibody
- 2704 Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr493)/Syk (Tyr526) Antibody
- 2705 Zap-70 (99F2) Rabbit mAb
- 4998 NFAT4 Antibody
- 2502 Vav1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.