Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Endonuclease G Antibody #4969
|W||H M R (Mk)||Endogenous||25, 30||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Endonuclease G Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Endonuclease G protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Cys122 of human Endonuclease G. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from mouse and rat liver, using Endonuclease G Antibody.
Endonuclease G (EndoG) is a nuclear-encoded mitochondrial nuclease that has been reported to function in apoptosis, DNA recombination and cell proliferation (1-5). EndoG is expressed as a precursor protein containing an amino-terminal mitochondrial targeting sequence which is removed when the protein is imported into the mitochondria (1). During apoptosis EndoG is released from the mitochondria, translocates to the nucleus and cooperates with other nucleases to trigger DNA fragmentation associated with the apoptotic process (3,6,7).
- Côté, J. and Ruiz-Carrillo, A. (1993) Science 261, 765-769.
- Parrish, J. et al. (2001) Nature 412, 90-94.
- Li, L.Y. et al. (2001) Nature 412, 95-99.
- Zhang, J. et al. (2003) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 100, 15782-15787.
- Huang, K.J. et al. (2006) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 103, 8995-9000.
- Widlak, P. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 48404-48409.
- Arnoult, D. et al. (2003) EMBO J. 22, 4385-4399.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9731 Cleaved DFF45 (Asp224) Antibody
- 9732 DFF45/DFF35 Antibody
- 4642 AIF Antibody
- 4934 Acinus Antibody
- 2954 Smac/Diablo Mouse mAb
- 2176 HtrA2 Antibody
- 4280 Cytochrome c (136F3) Rabbit mAb
- 3543 Bit1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.