Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
AID (L7E7) Mouse mAb #4975
|W IP||H M (R)||Endogenous||24||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
AID (L7E7) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of AID protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues of human AID.
Western blot analysis of extracts from P3HR-1 and Ramos cells using AID (L7E7) Mouse mAb.
Western blot analysis of immunoprecipitates from HeLa cell extracts overexpressing myc-tagged AID. Expression of myc-AID was confirmed (lane 1). Immunoprecipitations using cell lysates with or without expression of myc-AID were performed, using AID (L7E7) Mouse mAb #4975, Myc-Tag Antibody #2272, mouse IgG or rabbit IgG. Immunoblot was performed using Myc-Tag Antibody #2272.
Activation-induced cytidine deaminase (AID) is thought to modify RNA due to its high homology to the RNA editing enzyme APOBEC-1. This function, however, has not been confirmed in in vitro studies, which show that AID has significant cytidine deaminase activity, and that this activity is blocked by zinc chelation (1).The B cell immune system must specifically recognize several infectious agents, which vastly outnumber immunoglobulin gene segments present in a given organism. Mechanisms such as somatic hypermutation, isotype switch recombination and gene conversion introduce diversity and specificity to the immune system. Analysis of mouse models and patients with AID deficiency has established a link between all three of these mechanisms and AID function (2). AID protein is detected in germinal center centroblast and germinal center derived lymphomas (Burkitt lymphoma), but not in pre-germinal center B cells or post-germinal center neoplasms (B cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia and multiple myeloma) (3).
- Muramatsu, M. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 18470-18476.
- Reynaud, C.A. et al. (2003) Nat. Immunol. 7, 631-638.
- Pasqualucci, L. et al. (2004) Blood 104, 3318-3325.
- Pasqualucci, . et al. (2004) Expression of the AID Protein in normal and neoplastic B-cells. Blood , . Applications: Western Blotting
- Klemm, L. et al. (2009) Cancer Cell 16, 232-45. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4949 AID (30F12) Rabbit mAb
- 4959 AID (EK2 5G9) Rat mAb
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.