Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Axl Antibody #4977
|W IP||H M R Hm Mk||Endogenous||138||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Axl Antibody detects endogenous levels of Axl protein. The antibody does not cross-react with related proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to sequences surrounding amino acid residue 740 of human Axl. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Axl, Sky, and Mer are three members of a receptor tyrosine kinase (RTK) family that share a conserved intracellular tyrosine kinase domain and an extracellular domain similar to those seen in cell adhesion molecules. These RTKs bind the vitamin K-dependent protein growth-arrest-specific 6 (Gas6), which is structurally related to the protein S anticoagulation factor (1). Upon binding to its receptor, Gas6 activates phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) and its downstream targets Akt and S6K, as well as NF-κB (2,3). A large body of evidence supports a role for Gas6/Axl signaling in cell growth and survival in normal and cancer cells (4).
- Crosier, K.E. and Crosier, P.S. (1997) Pathology 29, 131-135.
- Demarchi, F. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 31738-31744.
- Lee, W. P. et al. (2002) Oncogene 21, 329-336.
- Bellosta, P. et al. (1997) Oncogene 15, 2387-2397.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4566 Axl (C44G1) Rabbit mAb
- 4939 Axl (C2B12) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.