Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Tec Antibody #4987
|4987S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4987||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||58 to 75||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Tec Antibody detects endogenous levels of Tec protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence surrounding amino acid residue 110 of human Tec. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Tec kinase belongs to a structurally related subfamily of protein tyrosine kinases (PTKs) that includes Btk, Itk (also known as Emt or Tsk), Bmx, and Txk (or Rlk) (1). With the exception of Txk, the members of this subfamily possess a long amino-terminal region consisting of a pleckstrin homology (PH) domain and a Tec homology (TH) domain . Because PH domains bind phosphoinositides with high affinity, the Tec family kinases have been proposed to act downstream of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3-kinase) in signaling pathways. Binding of the PH domain with phosphoinositides is probably required for targeting of Tec family kinases to the cell membrane (2). Tec kinase is activated in response to many upstream signaling events including antigen receptor, RTK, GPCR, and integrin stimulation (3,4). Activated Tec kinase directly phosphorylates substrates such as PLC-gamma 2 and BRDG1 docking protein (5) and mediates downstream signaling.
- August, A. et al. (2002) Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 34, 1184-1189.
- Pillai, S. and Moran, S.T. (2002) Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1602, 162-167.
- Lewis, C. M. et al. (2001) Curr. Opin. Immunol. 13, 317-325.
- Schmidt, U. et al. (2004) Int. Arch. Allergy Immunol. 134, 65-78.
- Ohya, K. et al. (1999) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96, 11976-11981.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3871 Phospho-PLCγ2 (Tyr1217) Antibody
- 3872 PLCγ2 Antibody
- 4292 PI3 Kinase p85 Antibody
- 4252 PI3 Kinase p110γ Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.