Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
NALP1 Antibody #4990
|W||H M R (Mk)||Endogenous||165, 70||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NALP1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total NALP1 protein. This antibody also detects a 70 kDa protein that correlates with a predicted short form (NALP1s) that lacks the leucine repeat region (7).
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide that corresponds to a region surrounding Gly1081 of human NALP1 protein. Antibodies were purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
NALP1 (DEFCAP/NAC/CARD7) is an NLR (Nod-like receptor) family member that has been implicated in the regulation of apoptosis and inflammatory responses (1-5). Structurally, NALP contains an amino-terminal PYRIN domain, followed by a nucleotide-binding site (NBS), a leucine rich repeat region (LRR), and a carboxy-terminal CARD domain. NALP1 and interacts strongly with caspase-2 and weakly with caspase-9, and induces apoptosis when overexpressed (3). Similar to a related Ced-4 family member Apaf-1, it was also shown to be involved in cytochrome c-dependent caspase activation (2). It has also been shown to be part of the "inflammasome" comprised of caspase-1, caspase-5, and Pycard/ASC, which is critical in the processing of pro-inflammatory cytokines like IL-1β (6). Two major isoforms were identified for NALP1, which differ in a 44 amino acid region within the LRR (3). In addition, like NALP3, a short NALP1 isoform lacking the LRR (NALP1s) likely exists (7). Polymorphisms in NALP1 have been associated with autoimmune disease (8) and susceptibility to toxins (9).
- Bertin, J. and DiStefano, P.S. (2000) Cell Death Differ. 7, 1273-1274.
- Chu, Z.L. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 9239-9245.
- Hlaing, T. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 9230-9238.
- Martinon, F. et al. (2001) Curr. Biol. 11, R118-R120.
- Fritz, J.H. et al. (2006) Nat. Immunol. 7, 1250-1257.
- Martinon, F. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell 10, 417-426.
- Kummer, J.A. et al. (2007) J. Histochem. Cytochem. 55, 443-452.
- Jin, Y. et al. (2007) N. Engl. J. Med. 356, 1216-1225.
- Boyden, E.D. and Dietrich, W.F. (2006) Nat. Genet. 38, 240-244.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4440 CARD11 Antibody
- 4435 CARD11 (1D12) Rabbit mAb
- 2225 Caspase-1 Antibody
- 3545 Nod1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.