Product Pathways - Translational Control
PABP1 Antibody #4992
|W IHC-P||H M R Mk (X) (Z) (B)||Endogenous||71||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey X=Xenopus Z=Zebrafish B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PABP1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total PABP1 and PABP3 proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids at the amino-terminus of human PABP1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, using PABP1 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, using PABP1 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, using PABP1 Antibody in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human prostate carcinoma, using PABP1 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human renal cell carcinoma, using PABP1 Antibody.
Poly(A)-binding protein 1 (PABP1) associates with the 3' poly(A) tail of mRNA and also eIF4F (1,2). eIF4F is a complex whose functions include the recognition of the mRNA 5' cap structure (eIF4E), delivery of an RNA helicase to the 5' region (eIF4A), bridging of the mRNA and the ribosome (eIF4G), and circularization of the mRNA via interaction between eIF4G and the poly(A) binding protein (PABP). PABP1 has been shown to have multiple functions including translation initiation, mRNA stabilization, and mRNA turnover (3,4). Phosphorylation of PABP has been shown to enhance RNA binding in eukaryotes, and PABP1 has been shown to shuttle between the nucleus and cytoplasm (5,6). PABP1 is methylated on Arg455 and Arg460 by the CARM1 protein methyltransferase (7,8); however, the function of this methylation has yet to be determined.
- Sachs, A. B. et al. (1986) Cell 45, 827-835.
- Piron, M. et al. (1998) EMBO J. 17, 5811-5821.
- Caponigro, G. and Parker, R. (1995) Genes Dev. 9, 2421-2432.
- Sachs, A.B. and Davis, R.W. (1989) Cell 58, 857-867.
- Le, H. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 17452-17462.
- Afonina, E. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 13015-13021.
- Lee, J. and Bedford, M.T. (2002) EMBO Rep 3, 268-73.
- Yadav, N. et al. (2003) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100, 6464-8.
- Caron, E. et al. (2011) Mol Syst Biol 7, 533. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2111 Phospho-Mnk1 (Thr197/202) Antibody
- 2441 Phospho-eIF4G (Ser1108) Antibody
- 2498 eIF4G Antibody
- 3592 eIF4B Antibody
- 9741 Phospho-eIF4E (Ser209) Antibody
- 9742 eIF4E Antibody
- 2855 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) (236B4) Rabbit mAb
- 3591 Phospho-eIF4B (Ser422) Antibody
- 9455 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr70) Antibody
- 9451 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Ser65) Antibody
- 9644 4E-BP1 (53H11) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.