Product Pathways - Protein Stability
UBC3B Antibody #4996
|4996S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4996||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||32||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
UBC3B Antibody detects endogenous levels of total UBC3B protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human UBC3B. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using UBC3B Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Jurkat cells using UBC3B Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using UBC3B Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using UBC3B Antibody in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Flow cytometric analysis of untreated Jurkat cells using UBC3B antibody (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Ubiquitin can be covalently linked to many cellular proteins by the ubiquitination process, which targets proteins for degradation by the 26S proteasome. Three components are involved in the target protein-ubiquitin conjugation process. Ubiquitin is first activated by forming a thiolester complex with the activation component E1; the activated ubiquitin is subsequently transferred to the ubiquitin-carrier protein E2, and then from E2 to ubiquitin ligase E3 for final delivery to the epsilon-NH2 of the target protein lysine residue (1-3). Combinatorial interactions of different E2 and E3 proteins result in substrate specificity (4). Recent data suggest that activated E2 associates transiently with E3, and that the dissociation is a critical step for ubiqitination (5). UBC3, the mammalian orthologue of yeast Cdc34, and UBC3B, a UBC3 family member, are E2 ubiquitin-carrier proteins. These proteins contain a conserved core domain containing a cysteine residue, which forms the thioester bond with ubiquitin (6). UBC3 in concert with the SCFSkp2 (Skp1, Cullin and F-box protein/Skp2) complex mediates cell cycle progression from G1 to S phase by targeting the CDK inhibitor p27 for proteolysis (7). UBC3B in concert with the SCFb-Trcp (Skp1, Cullin and F-box protein/b-Trcp) complex mediates degradation of b-catenin (6).
- Ciechanover, A. (1998) EMBO J. 17, 7151-7160.
- Hochstrasser, M. (2000) Nat. Cell Biol. 2, E153-E157.
- Hochstrasser, M. (2000) Science 289, 563-564.
- DeSalle, L.M. and Pagano, M. (2001) FEBS Lett. 490, 179-189.
- Deffenbaugh, A. E. et al. (2003) Cell 114, 611-622.
- Semplici, F. et al. (2002) Oncogene 21 , 3978-3987.
- Pagano, M. et al. (1995) Science 269, 682-685.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4997 UBC3 Antibody
- 3936 Ubiquitin (P4D1) Mouse mAb
- 4995 CUL1 Antibody
- 2552 p27 Kip1 Antibody
- 9561 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
- 9562 β-Catenin Antibody
- 9564 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser45) Antibody
- 9565 Phospho-β-Catenin (Thr41/Ser45) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.