Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
MLK1 (D66E2) Rabbit mAb #5029
|W IP||H M||Endogenous||120||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MLK1 (D66E2) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total MLK1 protein. The antibody also cross-reacts with a 45 kDa protein of unknown origin.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu1070 of human MLK1 protein.
Mixed-lineage kinases (MLKs) belong to the mitogen activated kinase kinase kinase (MAPKKK) family of dual-specificity protein kinases. While not particularly well conserved at the sequence level, MLK1, 2 and 3 share a conserved domain structure consisting of a catalytic core and two isoleucine/leucine zipper motifs among other protein-protein binding domains (1). MLK1 preferentially stimulates the JNK (c-Jun amino-terminal kinase) pathway in response to agonists and stress (2). Although multiple phosphorylation events are required for full activation of MLK1, two autophosphorylation sites within the activation loop (Ser308 and Thr312) appear to be the predominant activation residues (3). In neuronal cells, MLK1 appears to function downstream of the small G-proteins Rac1 and Cdc42 and upstream of MKK4 and MKK7 to promote apoptosis (2).
- Dorow, D.S. et al. (1993) Eur J Biochem 213, 701-10.
- Xu, Z. et al. (2001) Mol Cell Biol 21, 4713-24.
- Durkin, J.T. et al. (2004) Biochemistry 43, 16348-55.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2817 MLK3 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.