Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
MEF2C (D80C1) XP® Rabbit mAb #5030
|5030S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5030P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5030||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||50-60||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
MEF2C (D80C1) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total MEF2C protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to a region surrounding Met182 of human MEF2C protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cells lines using MEF2C (D80C1) XP® Rabbit mAb.
MEF2C is a member of the MEF2 (myocyte enhancer factor 2) family of transcription factors. In mammals, there are four MEF2C-related genes (MEF2A, MEF2B, MEF2C and MEF2D) that encode proteins that exhibit significant amino acid sequence similarity within their DNA binding domains and, to a lesser extent, throughout the rest of the proteins (1). The MEF2 family members were originally described as muscle-specific DNA binding proteins that recognize MEF2 motifs found within the promoters of many muscle-specific genes (2,3). Recently, several groups have reported MEF2 binding activity and MEF2 proteins in a wide variety of cell types where these proteins appear to play an important role in growth factor- and stress-induced early gene responses (4-6).
- Shore, P. et al. (1995) Eur. J. Biochem. 229, 1-13.
- Martin, J. F. et al. (1994) Mol. Cell. Biol. 14, 1647-1656.
- Yu, Y. T. et al. (1992) Genes Dev. 6, 1783-1798.
- Han, J. et al. (1997) Nature 386, 296-299.
- Kato, Y. et al. (1997) EMBO J. 16, 7054-7066.
- Zhao, M. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 21-30.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9736 MEF2A Antibody
- 9737 Phospho-MEF2A (Ser408) Antibody
- 2506 CDK5 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.